So you’ve decided to purchase our remote support package, nice choice! This is the fastest and easiest way to get support directly to your computer. Normally, we will set this up for you, but if you opted for self-setup there are a few things you’ll need to do before requesting remote support. We’ll walk you through the process here.
- If you aren’t using it already, download the web browser Google Chrome, here’s a link.
- Sign in to Google Chrome with your Google account. You can do this when Chrome first launches, or later if you accidentally close the sign in window or if you haven’t ever signed in before.
- Follow this link in your Chrome browser and install the extension. Just click the “Add to Chrome” button.
- In the address bar, type chrome://apps then press enter.
- You’ll see several apps, click on “Chrome Remote Desktop”
- If you didn’t sign in during step two, do so now.
- You’ll get two options. Click on “Get started” under “Remote Assistance”.
- Click on the green “Share” button, you’ll be instructed to download and run a file: “chromeremotedesktophost.msi” proceed to download the file and install it by double clicking on the file and following the installation prompts.
- Return to chrome and be ready to share the code you see with your tech. If you don’t see a code, press the green “share button once again.
- When your tech uses your code within a few minutes, you’ll see a popup asking “Would you like to allow firstname.lastname@example.org to see and control your computer?” You’ll need to click “Share” before the window times out.
If you ever need remote assistance again after following these steps, start at step 4 and end at the beginning of step 8 (no need to download and install the file again).
Remote assistance can only be provided when your internet connection and firewall configuration is working properly and configured to allow remote connections. In some instances, it will be impossible to provide remote support and will be necessary to dispatch a tech on-location to repair or configure your network.
Have questions? See our FAQ or contact us for help.